La Maison Verte is a venue for residential courses of any variety, providing facilities and residential accommodation in the Languedoc region of southern France.
- 1830‘s wine-maker’s mansion
- Rehearsal room of 80m2
- Wine barn of 80m2
- Other, smaller spaces for meetings and workshops
- Accommodation for up to 30 people
- Large pool and beautiful gardens
- 5 minutes’ drive from Pézenas, 25 minutes from the beach, 5 airports within 90 minutes’ drive
The Course Venue
La Maison Verte provides ideal facilities in Languedoc, south France, for course organisers:
- Rehearsal room: we have a vast rehearsal room (80m2), which is well sound-proofed with an acoustically tested ceiling. It has a terracotta tiled floor, its own shower and toilets and a wall of windows providing beautiful views of the courtyard and pool.
- Wine Barn: our wine barn is also about 80m2 and can be used either as a semi-alfresco eating area or as an additional workshop space.
- Break-out spaces: we have additional spaces including a large living room which can be used for small group work such as discussions, singing or as quiet spaces.
The Course Accommodation
Altogether La Maison Verte offers accommodation for up to 30 people – with 18 bedrooms available for residential course accommodation, varying between large double or twin ensuites through to simple single rooms arranged around shared bathroom facilities. For large courses (over 18), the apartments are also available for courses to hire providing additional residential accommodation. There are other gites and B&Bs within walking distance should you require even more accommodation for larger parties.
In the Heart of the Real South of France
La Maison Verte is set in the hub of the working village of Roujan, in the beautiful Languedoc region of southern France. The property is only 5 minutes’ drive from the very popular town of Pézenas, 25 minutes from the beaches of the Mediterranean, and within 90 minutes‘ drive of 5 international airports. The village boasts two superb bakeries and a traditional French café, and the Saturday market at nearby Pézenas (once the capital of Languedoc) is one of the best markets in the region. All around, vineyards stretch as far as the eye can see, providing guests with superb walks, and of course, excellent wine-tasting opportunities!
Languedoc is a hidden treasure, growing in popularity all the time. Between the mountains and the Mediterranean, it is rich in history, breath-takingly beautiful, blessed with superb weather and rejoicing in a burgeoning international reputation for the quality of its wine. It is also served by at least 6 airports within two hours of La Maison Verte, the closest of which (Beziers/Cap d’Agde) is just half an hour away.
La Maison Verte was built in the 1830′s, and started life as a wine producer’s mansion. Nothing much has changed, except now the gardens grow oleanders, irises, mimosa, tamarisk, lilac and almonds as well as vines. The property remains totally secluded, with a vast courtyard and an acre or so of fragrant and colourful gardens. The swimming pool is surrounded by mulberry, fig and almond trees, and pomegranates, oranges and lemons all thrive. It belongs to English singer Francis Steele, arts administrator Anne Roberts and their thirteen-year-old daughter Eliza. They live there all year round, and are always on hand to give help, information or advice to enable guests to make the most of their stay.
To us, La Maison Verte is a place of dreams and projects and communal inspiration. It is beautiful, breath-taking, hospitable and kind and our guests return again and again because their lives, they tell us, have been changed here.
If your mind and soul need a place to breathe out and re-charge, you may find yourself in heaven. If you need 5 star luxury this is not the place for you.
La Maison Verte is not a hotel, it is our home. We hope you’ll feel at home here too.